No frills or pretty pictures, just a simple announcement…I… am tired. When I first started this blog about 6 months ago, I was unprepared for what would become of it. I knew for more than a year that I wanted to start something like this, but was completely oblivious to the nitty gritty things that come with blogging. Just to give you an idea, picture management alone takes up a good 20% of my time with size reduction, watermarking, uploading, captioning, tagging, naming, and getting distracted being huge time wasters. If you are a blogger, you might know what I am talking about.
For a while, I’ve also had this policy of posting every three days and for the most part, I have been consistent. Besides two minor hiccups when I went on a 2 week trip to Peru and when I got sick after visiting Indonesia, I haven’t missed a scheduled post. However, there have been times when I have switched my intended article to finish an easier to write one because the clock was ticking. This was a self-imposed rule, and maybe I am just taking this blogging thing a little too seriously. Yeah, I am definitely taking it too seriously.
I have recently become rather disappointed with the growth of my blog (read, “How Many Views I Got” suck!) and have decided to do something about it. But like everything in life, with big changes come big sacrifices. Therefore, effective immediately, I will reduce the frequency of my posts to once a week. This is sad for me because writing is my favorite part of blogging. I assume this is the same for most bloggers right? Even though I don’t have many followers, I do appreciate the few of you who visit every day (read: Whenever you feel like it and have nothing else to do) and know it will be disappointing for you too. Quite frankly, my day-job only allows for so much time I can set aside for blogging.
Rest assured that this time will not be wasted. Behind the scenes, I will probably be at it as much as I always have been, even if I seem less vocal. These are the changes from my end:
- I want to become more involved in the blogging community. Whenever I want to read my favorite blogs but have to choose between that or writing another post, I usually choose the latter. I hope that with more time, I can finally get re-inspired by As We Travel, have a laugh with That Backpacker, or rant again on Man vs. Clock! I missed you guys, and Anthony, your backpack still misses you!!!
- I’ll try to guest post when given the chance. For some reason, guest posting brings out the best in me. I don’t know if it is because I know someone will proof read my work, but my posts about “10 things I wish I knew before teaching abroad” (on Art of Adventuring’s blog), “A week in my life” (on The Professional Hobo’s blog), and my “Okinawa Adventure” (on Backpacking-Travel-Blog) have been three of my favorites. Wait, is it weird that I have favorites of my own writing? Yes…yes it is…Anyways…
- I’ll be a bit more active on my FB page and Twitter feed. For starters, I haven’t really regulated my twitter feed, which gets a little bit too much spam for comfort. Also, Google plus seems like the way of the future so maybe I should figure out how it actually works.
- MORE YOUTUBE! I do have a youtube channel and it sucks big time. I actually don’t think I have a single subscriber yet (be the first). Sad… but it is my fault. For a while, the quality of my videos stunk, and still stinks. I will work on trying to make better videos so maybe a couple of people will will themselves to watch them!
- I’ll mix it up. I noticed this morning that I’ve talked about Angkor to death. I love the place and I’m sure many other people do too, but I didn’t realize how 5 posts would drag out to half a month. Anyways, I won’t do that again!
- I’ll sleep more.
- More food lists! People seem to enjoy the Korean food lists. I like eating the food required to make the lists, so it is win-win!
Anyways… I rambled a bit too much. Now that my McDonald’s delivery is here (you heard right), it is time for me to go.
Latest posts by Julio Moreno (see all)
- The Ultimate List of the Best Places to Kayak Around the World - February 14, 2018
- Korea Itinerary for 1, 3, 7 and 14 day trips - July 10, 2017
- Historic Monuments of Ancient Nara - July 3, 2017